Thursday, June 26, 2008

Garden of Hope

Among the Flowers (my favorite store in St. Augustine) has a small garden area outside the store as you enter. When we walked up the other day, I was drawn into the garden by all of the pink ribbons. It is called the Garden of Hope. All of the pink ribbons have been placed in this area in honor or in memory of loved ones with breast cancer. I walked through the garden reading each of the names on the cards, and was struck by all of the people this disease has touched. Even our family in the past two years.

My dear, sweet cousin Cynthia was diagnosed in November 2006. She did not even last a year. We lost her in August 2007. When I went into the store, I made a donation and now she has her very own ribbon in this Garden of Hope so others who visit the store will know how much we love her and think about her everyday.

No comments: