Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vera Bradley - Breast Cancer Awareness pattern

Each year, Vera Bradley has a new pattern designated as the breast cancer awareness pattern. 10% of the net proceeds from the sale of products in the pattern will be donated to The Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer and other breast cancer projects and services. This year's pattern is Pinwheel Pink.

Now those of you who know me well, know that I have been supporting breast cancer awareness since before CB was born. Each year I purchase at least one piece in the breast cancer pattern to support this very worthy cause. I did not know when I walked in the store, number one that the breast cancer pattern had already been released, and number two that it was the Pinwheel Pink.

After visiting the Garden of Hope, I walked into the store and was immediately drawn to the beautiful pink pattern above. I picked up three different pieces ad walked around looking to see if I like another pattern better, but this one just kept hold of me. When I went to the counter to purchase my finds, I asked when the breast cancer awareness pattern for 2008 would be released. The lady then told me it was the one I was buying.

I had this really weird feeling as if I had been drawn to that pattern for a reason. Now, I really like pink, and that is not the only reason I found this pattern, but there has got to be another reason.

No comments: