Monday, June 16, 2008

Me and My Daddy


Yesterday was Father's Day and the one thing I wanted more than anything else was a picture with my daddy. I got my wish. However, my best friend, LM didn't have the privilege. You see her father passed away last August. I didn't occur to me how difficult yesterday must have been for her until today. I guess I am a horrible best friend.
I know my uncle must have also had a hard time yesterday. You see his youngest daughter, my cousin, our "Glinda", lost her battle with breast cancer last August. She was only 37 (my age). I miss her more than words can express, but my pain is nothing compared to that of her parents.
I have to admit (and I have no problem saying it) I am a Daddy's girl. I always have been and I always will be. As I grow older, it scares me how much I am like him. I have adopted the same profession, his humor, the way he teases people, his sayings, even his inability to tell a joke!
I guess I could say I take my daddy for granted. I don't tell him how much I love him every day. I wasn't really raised in that manner. I hate to think of a time when he won't be in my life. It scares me with every ounce of my being.

I know that he knows I love him, just as my mother knows I love her, but I really should tell them, shouldn't I? How can anyone really know you love them, unless you tell them?
Just to let you and the world know, Daddy, I love you very much.
BTW - that's my mom's finger in the upper left corner...she wanted to be in the picture too!

No comments: