Sunday, October 12, 2008

October 2008 Read-a-thon


October 18th at 5:00 PM begins the October 2008 Read-a-thon. I am seriously thinking of joining the fun and read for 24 hours...okay, I seriously don't think I can do this...you know stay up all night, read through church, skip the Cowboy game, and pretty much bypass my birthday doing one of my favorite past times.


It sounds like such a great plan though. You know if it had only been THIS weekend. Next weekend is a little busy. Early Saturday morning I will be participating in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Dallas. This has always been an event I have enjoyed supporting, but now it has become a family event. This year CB, is going to join LJM, WWW, and my sweet aunt JG. We also have other family and friends coming to join us honor Cynthia's memory through this walk. I have to admit it was very emotional for all of us last year. We had only lost her two months before. We were still raw with emotion. Now, we are still mourning, but the pain is not as deep. We are in the coping stage of our loss. We still miss her tremendously that will not go away. I think about her all the time. I catch myself daydreaming. Going bakc and thinking of the last time we were together, or something we used to do. I still can't believe she is gone.


Well, even if I can't do the challenge, I will be reading. Today during the football games (even during the Cowboy game commercials and half time) I was reading.


Here is the link, if anyone out there wants to participate. What a great way to have fun, promote reading, and win prizes all at the same time.

No comments: