Monday, September 29, 2008

The Sighting



YES, we do! Okay, read the previous post and you will see how we SMELLED we have a skunk running around the neighborhood (specifically MY backyard).


Well, I SAW the little pain in the butt when I was taking out the trash. It all started when I was walking back to the front door. I noticed our neighborhood cat Sammy walk from under MSC's car to the hedges by the front door. I then noticed two kittens run from under the car over to the fence. I wanted to see the kittens so I walked over to the fence and got a quickly glance before they squeezed under my neighbors fence. When I turned around I saw a black cat waddling out from under MSC's car. Okay, I saw waddling because that is exactly what this BLACK CAT was doing...it was only after the "cat" raised it big, furry tail that I realized it was NOT cat!!!! I had NEVER seen a skunk in my entire life (in real life...only in pictures and on TV). This skunk was NO Pepe le Pew. NOT cute at all! Just a little furry black thing that made my sweet dogs smell like last YEAR'S garbage. I chased it across the street and into my neighbors yard. FAR from my dogs.
Now, I have been calling every day in order to get a trap (that I have to go pick up and place in my yard) in order to capture this nasty critter. The city says they will come and pick it up when (and if) I catch it. They're darn tootin'. I'm not keepin' it for a pet! I don't want to catch it just so I can cuddle up to it at night. No way, I have had enough of little stinky kitties. So long Pepe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhh... good luck with that.

waiting for animal control to come rescue me from a skunk in a trap does sound like a lovely time... i mean for you. not for me.

Texas Library Lady said...

No, not fun AT ALL. Still can't get a trap...guess there are WAY too many critters to be caught. Actually I have stopped calling now. I'm tired of hearing the man make excuses.

peace out ~ wildflower said...

That's crazy! Poor puppies too... So what smell does a skunk hate?